Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hey, Blondie! It's You Calling

Dear Black Sheep,

I'm not going to admonish you for "falling into the wrong crowd" because, honey, you didn't fall. You chose. But, hey, life is unfolding and blossoming all around you and inside you. These things that are happening now are good in the cosmic sense of you-wouldn't-be-who-you-are-today. And, today, you are incredible. Yup. Incredible.

You do live to be "old" (despite your endless renditions of Neil Young's Hey Hey, My My) and you give life, in more ways than one. You've touched lives and changed lives and, if you go, they'll never know your light. What will happen to them? Watch It's a Wonderful Life a lot.

Embrace your wit and intelligence and stop using your blonde hair as a sheild. (And, by the way, you're brunette now--by choice..ha!) Keep all that teen angst poetry. Shred your journals. Know that you're cool--who cares if others think it, you need to. You are so kind and caring--respect yourself the way you respect others. And know that you do find your place and that you do wind up, dare I say it?, happy. Be open to the everything-happens-for-a-reason philosophy.

Love,
Older, wiser (and brunette) you.
Onward.

P.S. There are people who think Black Sheep are pretty damn cool when you're older so eff the family stereotype.

P.P.S. Your idea of "thirties" being "your time" is right on.

Love and light, sister.

Thanks for the writing challenge, Amy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I went through the blonde phase, too.
*shakes head*

Momrepus said...

I actually am blonde (WAS blonde...natural blonde) but, as with the rest of my life, nothing seemed to "go" with me. I swear, when I dyed my hair dark, my life changed for the better. Or...when my life changed for the better, I dyed my hair dark? Thanks, again, for the prompt.